Monday, May 25, 2009

Busy Business Weekend


I did an inventory of jewelry a few weeks ago and discovered I had a LOT of jewelry that isn’t online. So yesterday I spent a good part of the day photographing necklaces, bracelets, anklets and earrings.

I was eager to list my first aluminum jump ring project. I love the mix of silver and lavender:


It’s called Byzantine ala Mare, since it’s not truly the Byzantine pattern as it should be done. I broke it up a bit, partly because I didn’t quite understand it in the beginning and made up a bunch of the patterns only to realize each pattern builds on the next… Live and learn. But then I really liked the way I had connected them separately. I think it gives a bit of breathing space to a very dense pattern. That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!

I also got a new bracelet and anklet listed on Etsy.



You R A Star bracelet was done with pieces that are meant to be dividers for multi-strand necklaces. I love working with things in ways they weren’t intended. Makes me feel really creative! And stars are right up there in my list of fave shapes, just under hearts.


The Diamond Girl anklet started out as sale items from my wholesaler. I connected them with oval shaped jump rings and finished with a lobster claw clasp. All my anklets are self-adjusting, so you can attach the clasp where it feels most comfortable and the remainder of the chain dangles stylishly.

Click on any photo to take you to Etsy or ArtFire, where it's posted for sale :-)


Anyone on Facebook? I’m working on a Fan Page. I’ll probably make an official announcement in a week or so but if anyone wants to be a Bear Chick Fan ahead of the crowd, here’s the link (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bear-Chick/40472594959) or just search Bear Chick. I’m planning to have discounts and contests and other fun stuff. I’ll keep you posted.

Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day. I did some gardening this morning in the below 70 degrees weather (nice) but now I’m all congested from the dust and pollen (not nice). It was good exercise and my yard looks better, so it’s all good!

2 comments:

Fanciful Expressions said...

Very pretty and delicate pieces. I especially like the anklet.

Carolyn

Bear Chick said...

Thanks so much!