Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Beaches of Orange County is Done!


Well, kitschy as it is, The Beaches of Orange County necklace for the OC Fair is done!



I just never know how these Charm N Bead pieces are gonna come out when I start them. I’d decided on the orange (obvious) and the blue and clear (for ocean colors) but in my minds eye, I’d seen the colors a little darker. I’m glad I went with the lighter blue, though, because it really is a cool color combination now that it’s all together.


I had fun hunting for the right charms for this one. I love the old fashioned bikini and the beach chairs, complete with umbrella and drink on the table. Dolphins and detailed fish for the ocean and orange slices for our county’s namesake completed the theme.



I was lucky enough to find the big ceramic “sugared” oranges at this years Bead Bazaar. I think they’re kinda over the top but in a good way, I hope.

Going through the OC Fair process and having my little jewelry piece in a case that so many people will see as they stroll through the Home Arts Building is one of my goals for this year that seems to be coming to fruition. Can’t wait to take a picture of me in front of my entry! My dreams are small but doable!

See ya at the Fair!

www.bearchick.etsy.com
www.bearchickart.etsy.com
www.bearchick.artfire.com

No comments: