Thursday, January 1, 2009

Post Holiday World


Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year’s Eve. We spent both in our jammies!

Last weekend, I posted some new Etsy jewelry. Here’s what’s there now:


Getting ready for Valentine’s Day? I spotted this bracelet at down and almost out Mervyn’s (a retail store in CA that’s closing it’s doors after many years--a sad story we’ll hear repeated, I’m sure, before things in this country start on the upswing again) and just knew it had potential. So I took it home and added lots more hearts and bling.


Lampwork beads from Wales provide most of the outrageous color in this necklace. I just love it and will be hard put to see it go!


I wish I was a better photographer. It’s one of my business goals for this year, to take better pictures. But I hope you can see how awesome this necklace is, if I do say so myself. It’s the latest Charm N Bead, in foggy, icy colors. As always, these necklaces make the coolest sounds when you move a lot (like running across a street or jumping up and down in glee), like a wind chime. I used wrapped loops on all of the beads, which takes a little more time but they’re so much more secure than plain loops.
This week I’ve been making anklets (inspired by my best friend, who requested one for her Christmas present) and intermittently working on a new Charm N Bead necklace with a travel theme (they take me between 6 and 8 hours to create). And today, while watching the Rose Parade, I made a couple of pieces with heishe beads made out of old red record albums! I’m planning to photograph all these pieces this weekend and get them on Etsy.

Have a great New Year’s Day!

http://www.bearchick.etsy.com/
www.bearchickart.etsy.com

No comments: