Sunday, December 21, 2008

Catchin’ Up On Etsy


I’ve spent the better part of my weekend working on Etsy. Now that my free shipping offer has run out, I needed to rethink how I was going to charge for shipping and had become concerned about insurance, especially with international shipping. So I made my decision, went with GSI, a third party insurance system that’s cheaper than USPS and also insures international packages. So, the next step was creating the shipping templates on Etsy and adding them to each of my items. I tuned my cable tv to Holiday music and spent yesterday afternoon updating both shops. I also tweaked a few pictures I wasn’t happy with and added centimeters to a lot of my necklaces and artwork for my European buyers. The Day Job is getting busy with year end things and I wanted to get my shops in order.
Feels good when you set a goal and accomplish it!

Here’s a new Charm N Bead necklace I just posted, called Red Dragon.










I’ve been working on an Icestorm Charm N Bead necklace (very appropriate, since my old stomping grounds, near Boston, had a wicked ice storm last weekend) but with the holidays approaching at a gallup, I haven’t had much time to work on it. Hopefully, I’ll be posting that and maybe a bracelet or two, within the next week.

And while you’re online, take a look at The Husbands’ holiday blog entry, Hell Yeah, Virginia! It’ll put you in a great holiday mood!

http://www.bearchick.etsy.com/
www.bearchickart.etsy.com

2 comments:

Megan said...

Well done! I, too, really need to get a move on with Etsy updates. The day job always keeps me legitimately busy and then suddenly it's been too long !!!

Ravenswick said...

Just wanted to stop by and say I love that dragon necklace! Also wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas!