Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Favorite Things at the Huntington Library

Yesterday was my birthday!  So we spent the day at the Huntington Library and Gardens, in San Marino CA.  It is truly a lovely place, inside and out.  Many different types of gardens, home to a variety of plants and wildlife plus several museum buildings, with paintings, furniture and even a Guttenberg Bible (camera's not allowed in that exhibit...).

Here are some favorite things from our trip:

This fella posed in the sunlight for us

This guy has a very prehistoric, kind of snakey face


Gorgeous stained glass


I actually liked the shadow of this sculpture better than I liked the sculpture itself...

The artist wanted to show how smart his subject was, but it just looks like he needs glasses.  Also, this chair looks like it was made for Hagrid!


Loved the sweet dog in this painting
  

Amazingly tranquil watching koi

Naturally, I took an interest in the jewelry in this painting. 


This was painted in the 1400's but the jewelry seems very modern.  I could buy what looks like those Swarovski crystals at Michaels!

 If you ever get a chance to visit the Huntington, GO!  But bring your walking shoes and plenty of water.  And a camera...

 
Do What You Love!

 







2 comments:

Chris said...

Oooo I was packing for our camping trip when you posted...Happy VERY belated b-day and I hope it was a blessed day my friend!
Glad you had a great time at the museum. Loved the pic of the 1400 woman wearing the necklace. I do the same thing!
So glad you were born my friend!

Bear Chick said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I had a lovely day. You're always so sweet!