Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Day at the Huntington Library

So, last Sunday, The Husband and I spent a lovely, relaxing day at the Huntington Library and Gardens in San Marino, CA. There was a cool breeze, plenty of sun and beautiful things to see.

This shady arbor reminded me of my BFF's grandparents' backyard, where they grew grapes. I can just see Vov and Vovo relaxing under the canopy of leaves.


The Chinese Garden--next time, we're having some Chinese food at the cafe in this peaceful area.


A colorful bonsai Bougainvillea


One side of the Japanese Garden...


The other side of the Japanese Garden. We sat on the terrace, looking out on the weeping willow. I grew up with a willow in my backyard. Whenever I think of trees, I think of a willow. We sat on the terrace for quite a while, soaking in the tranquil scene and talking about what we want to do with the rest of our lives.


The interior of the Japanese house

I love my camera! This blossom was at least 10 feet away! Isn't it lush?!


A beautiful marble statue of Pandora...

And her box. I tell ya, I love this camera!


The Husband was fascinated with this Frank Lloyd Wright recliner. That's also FLW's dining room set in the background.

We had such a good time, spending hours in the museums (there are four buildings) and walking in the gardens, we're considering becoming members. It's not a bad drive and the area is so nice. If you have a chance to experience this gorgeous place, break out your walking shoes and have a great time!


Do What You Love!

No comments: