Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Day at the Fair


We spent last Saturday at the Orange County Fair, where I witnessed first hand my first and second place necklaces! I wish they had been hung with a little more care in the final displays but I'm happy and grateful to have won.


Here are some other favorite moments from our day:


Ode to the OC Fair, made out of bread... To see a bread Eiffel Tower, click here

An "antsy" tablescape, with ants on the table and the mannequin. Take note of the "melting" plates!

Here are two of my artist friends' entries:

Max Yamada is the artist I know from the Yorba Linda Celebration of the Arts. That's his Corgi in the foreground!

And here's Kim Vanderhoeck's landscapes. She got to go on an art trip to Italy recently. I'm jealous! Visit her blog here


A little Wallaby Joey safe in a "pouch". We saw one of these "pouches" at Sea World, too.


Donkey Love. The Husband used to work with a donkey at Knott's, so he has a soft spot for them.



Piggies!

And more piggies!



And me with the quintessential Orange!

We had quite a weekend, being as my birthday fell on Sunday. Next post will be our trip to the Huntington Library in San Marino.

Do What You Love!


www.bearchick.etsy.com
www.bearchickart.etsy.com
www.bearchicksundries.etsy.com

No comments: