Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Potpourri~*~The Old Grey Mare...



So, next year, I'll be eligible for some senior discounts. Old age is waving to me from the horizon...

Some thoughts on aging:

I made the mistake of looking at my face in the mirror~~with my glasses on. Bad move! I'm getting the fine lines my grandmother had around her cheeks and my smile lines~~well, maybe I watch too many comedies. Note to self: Netflix more dramas and use moisturizer religiously!

I've been wrestling my weight back down to an acceptable level and made a vow to go to Weight Watchers once a week for life. Every time I leave WW, I start to gain again. ENOUGH!

I find myself somewhat colorless lately, so I'm using makeup again (really don't like it but then again, hate looking in the mirror to see my face so pale and blah) and the few clothes I'm buying as I get to my goal weight I'm trying to pick for their color and style, not their ability to cover my bulk.

When I worked with older folks, redesigning their homes, I was always amazed at how many doctor's appointments their calendar's notated. Many had several in a month. I'm not quite there, but I see that time coming. Health is beginning to be a major concern for me. As we get older, it's like Bad Health is lurking in a dark alley, waiting to throw us off balance and pummel our organs. The desire to live a long life has heightened my Spidey Health Senses. Lately, I've wanted to start eating better and exercising more. I want to be toddling around my neighborhood, sans walker, for 40 or 50 more years. Bring on the yogurt and fruit, high fiber and low impact aerobics.

And since I want to do it in style, I log into the Advanced Style Blog for inspiration from New York and European seniors who know how to face old age with humor, gusto and style!


Debra, from Advanced Style


Do What You Love!

2 comments:

Baroness Bijoutery said...

When I was nearing Senior Status I said I would never order off the Senior Menu...Well I do and it is still to much food at time and it it cheaper...And you are right about the health...the bottom seems to fall out..But like I tell my Daughter if I could survive all these years I can survive more..I plan to be around to make my Grandchildren spoiled...hehe

nanci said...

Oh, I'm right there with you! I'm in that same age group,relatively healthy (and getting tired of literature being thrown at me from AARP!), and I'm fighting the age thing every step of the way!