Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Daily Blogging!?


Sitting at work today, doing a necessary but extremely boring task, I decided I want to try to blog every day. I thought it might be interesting to have a daily theme, so here’s what I came up with:


Monday~Encouraging Words We all need those

Tuesday~Favorite Etsy Shops A way to share some of my favorite shops and artists

Wednesday~Wordless Wednesday Always interesting on other people’s blogs

Thursday~Eight Things Lists A way to get to know me and I might even get to know myself better

Friday~Potpourri Whatever Strikes My Fancy

Saturday~Book Review What or Who I’ve been reading

Sunday~Wishful Thinking Spinning fantasies that might come true…


So, since I’m starting on Tuesday, I’m going to introduce you to my friend, Melinda, who you’ve seen before. She’s the amazing metalsmith who made my stars ring.

Here’s one of her outrageous pins:


The unique thing about Melinda’s coin pendants is that she gives them dimension.


In her own words, she “surrounds the coin with sterling silver wire in two layers so the chain can slip between the wires and show off the coin to its best advantage.” Someday, I’m going to ask her to do The Old Man of the Mountain quarter for me!


You can find her on Etsy and most Saturdays, she has a booth at the Irvine Farmers Market by the University. She also belongs to the Bead Society of Orange County, which is where I was fortunate enough to meet her.


Do What You Love!

No comments: