Friday, May 15, 2009

Spring Petals Necklace~Sweet Detour


Here’s the necklace my Muse insisted on me making last night instead of the OC Fair Necklace.


I don’t know about you but I buy beads because I love them. I’m addicted to them. When I see something wonderful, I have to get them because, hey, I may never see them again.


Consequently, I have a ton of beads just waiting for the right projects. These pretty, translucent lampwork beads have lived in my bead drawers for a long, long time. I’m so happy they found their project!



These starry blue beads have also waited patiently for the perfect project. I so love this chain design and these faceted beads were the ideal complement to the delicate motif.



On another subject, I was a little bummed to find out that Tequila Sunrise didn’t make the judges cut in the Beadstar Contest. Oh well, there’s always next year! Thanks for your encouragement with that project. At least now, I can put it up for sale. You’ll be seeing it soon on Etsy.


www.bearchick.etsy.com
www.bearchickart.etsy.com
www.bearchick.artfire.com

2 comments:

Kim VanDerHoek said...

Beautiful silver link necklace! I think the connected groups of links add a nice texture to the necklace. And the beads are lovely! I also like the red necklace at the end of your post. It is dramatic and I like my jewelry to have some drama.

Bear Chick said...

Thanks Kim! Looking forward to seeing your work at the OC Fair.