Monday, November 3, 2008

Just got home from a day at Sea World and found that I’ve been tagged by Kim VanDerHoek, of VanDerHoek Art, a talented artist right here in the OC. Thanks Kim! Because of this, I finally figured out how to use the links!


Playing tag is a great way to explore all the other blogs out there.


The rules of the game are simple:


* Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.


* Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.


* Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog. Sorry, I could only come up with 4...


* Don't forget to let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


Here’s my 7 facts:


1. Whenever I have mashed potatoes and corn, I have to smoosh them together. It’s really the only way to eat them.


2. I grew up in Massachusetts but lost my accent as soon as I crossed the California border.


3. I’ve been married 28.4 years.


4. My favorite books, in no particular order, are I Never Promised You a Rose Garden, To Kill a Mockingbird and The Cracker Factory.


5. When I got out of school in the Bad Ole Days of the 70’s I wanted to be a stewardess (we hadn’t advanced to “attendants” yet) but I was too short.


6. When I came to California, I wanted to be an actress so I took an acting class on Hollywood Blvd. That’s where I met my husband. And that was the only acting class I ever took.


7. I don’t wanna get old but I guess I hafta…



Here I am playing in the kid's area at Sea World. See, I don't wanna get old!


Here are my taggee's:


Chris Kerr--whose jewelry I admire totally
A Crazy Cats Life--love her take on the world
Kathy Martin Studios--Talented artist, funny teacher
ArtbyMar--talented and very nice Etsy buddy


I would have added Smashgirl, another OC/Etsy buddy who does cool mosaics, but she's already done this...

www.bearchickart.etsy.com

3 comments:

Smashgirl said...

Hey Bear chick,
So fun to read your random facts! My favorite one is about meeting your hubby. I can just hear him telling his friends that I met this chick (bear chick, hee hee) on Hollywood Blvd.!!!
Looks like you had fun at Sea World!

Ravenswick said...

Thanks for the tag! I really enjoyed reading the facts about yourself. I am off now to post mine.

Kim VanDerHoek said...

Yumm, mashed potatoes and corn together, that sounds good! I'll have to try it at Thanksgiving.

Thanks so much for playing! I enjoyed reading your random facts.