Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Beaded Sphere is now Available!


Judy Walker, a talented woman I met through the Bead Society of Orange County, has finally published a book of her amazing beading designs. These designs aren't your run of the mill necklace stringing or weaving. The Beaded Sphere shows her beautiful dimensional designs plus instructions for creating your own. I haven’t seen the book itself yet but I have had the pleasure of seeing her work first hand and it’s so COOL! She’s the winner of the Treasures of Toho beading contest twice over and you can clearly see the quality of her work when you visit the gallery on her website. My new computer and I still need to get acquainted, so I don't have any photos to show :-(


UPDATE! Here's the cover of the book!





If you ever get to take a class from Judy, who teaches at San Gabriel Bead among other places, grab the opportunity. Her instructional handouts are neat and clean, right off the press, and her verbal instructions are just as clear. She's a very patient teacher and you'll learn so much since she's very generous with her knowledge.


Congratulations, Judy!

www.bearchick.etsy.com

No comments: