Saturday, July 5, 2008

Handmade Brigade Next Week! Fires This Week…

I’m suddenly enamored of buttons! I’ve been playing with all colors of stack earrings and yesterday I started making some fun necklaces, adding all kinds of sparkly things and bugle beads. I love making things that are a little off beat and that you definitely won’t find at Target.



I’ll be introducing all my button mania at the Handmade Brigade show next Saturday in Cerritos. It’s my first juried show, meaning I didn’t just pay for the space and show up. I had to send in pictures of my ATC’s and jewelry and be granted a space, so I was pretty happy.

July 12 Handmade Brigade
Tall Mouse Arts and Crafts
13233 E. South St.
Cerritos, CA 90703
11AM to 5PM

This is going to be a fun show, with a DJ and the first 50 people through the door get a gift bag full of goodies!

I would have taken a picture of one of the button necklaces, but it was so hot today, we just vegged, after spending the morning doing yard work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope everyone had a great Fourth!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My heart’s going out to all the evacuees from the California fires, which are mostly up north. We actually saw a brush fire being battled near us, here in SoCal. Helicopters from the Fire Dept. fill their tanks with water from a lake at a nearby golf course and fly over the fire to drop their load. We didn’t realize how huge the column of smoke we were seeing was until the helicopter got closer to it. As the chopper progressed, it got smaller and smaller, until it looked like a mosquito in the huge fog of smoke.

God Bless our Firefighters!

No comments: