Friday, April 23, 2010

Bear Chick Friday


Getting ready for a long day tomorrow. It's the Bead Society's Bead Bazaar, on the grounds of the Bowers Museum in Santa Ana, the biggest show I do all year. The Husband and I will be out of the house by 7AM, so I have to know what I'm wearing tonight. Something easily accessorized!

Most of my set up is already in the van. All I have to add is a few small things and the jewelry. It's not a bad load out at the museum, since we'll be in the covered arcade and won't need our EZ Up and the Society provides tables, so there isn't as much slogging as usual.

Don't talk to me while I'm setting up! I'm very focused while placing props, draping covers and hanging jewelry. Once I've got everything out and lined up, I'm ready to visit.

It looks like it's going to be beautiful weather tomorrow and the Bead Bazaar is my target market-people looking for jewelry-so I have high hopes for good foot traffic. This show has the advantage of being jewelry only, which makes it better than a general handmade show, since people are coming with jewelry in mind, not quilts or pottery or greeting cards. The people that come to this show are looking for what I have and that's a Good Thing.

I don't get a lot of time to look at my friend's booths, but I do try to get out and see what everyone has. That's part of the reason I ask The Husband to come to this show, so I can have a break. It's a long show (9am is the unofficial opening for the Bowers employees to 5pm) and it's good to have a second pair of eyes watching the tables while I'm talking to customers. Or off shopping ;-)

Tear down is pretty simple and especially fast without the EZ Up or tables. Then I have to take The Husband to dinner--it's only fair. Maybe Panda Express. Yum. And then we'll go home, take the jewelry in the house and collapse with the kitties. Banking can wait till I have a good night's sleep.

Hope to see you there if you’re in the OC!

Do What You Love!

No comments: