Saturday, March 13, 2010

What to Read Saturday

I’m still catching up on some of my favorite mystery series, so I thought I’d write about a reading resource.


At my fave library, I sometimes pick up a publication called Book Pages, with reviews and columns about, what else, books. I always go through it as soon as I get home, to find new things to read and authors to love. And recently, I found out that they also have a website. So even if your library doesn’t offer Book Pages or, heaven forbid, you don’t get to the library that often, you can log on and keep up to date on new books, authors and even book clubs. Do you enjoy writing and want to pursue it? There’s a column for newbie writers. Love book clubs? Contests? Blogs? They’ve got it all!

My favorite features are Meet the Author and Meet the Illustrator, where the artists tell you in their own words about themselves and what they do. As an example:


So, when you’re looking for something new to read, log onto Book Page and have fun browsing and, of course, reading!

Do What You Love!

www.bearchick.etsy.com
www.bearchickart.etsy.com
www.bearchick.artfire.com

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Aw, thanks for the rec! Glad to hear you like our Meet the Illustrator feature; it's one of our favorites too.

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

Thanks for the info! I am an avid reader and I'm always looking for books.