Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Necklace Preview


I was just lamenting on Facebook that my weekend wasn’t as productive as I would have liked. But I realized that I’ve finished 3 necklaces since Friday.



One, an upcycled, jeweled butterfly, I started last week and kept playing with and tweaking fire polished glass until I thought I‘d finally come up with the final design. I think… I’ve had the butterfly for quite a while and finally found some interesting chain to pair it with.


The blue and gold Byzantine necklace is something I’ve wanted to try for a while. It’s basically the Byzantine design with extra hanging Byz components and beads. I loved the colors together and the shape of the gold beads.


The final necklace is the last of the bling crosses I have. This one is silver tone with aurora borealis rhinestones. I tried a new box pattern for this necklace, called Inca Puno. I also added a couple of pink and green rings for a subtle design that would pick up the colors in the rhinestones.


These probably won’t get properly photographed until next weekend, so check out Etsy then!


Hope everyone had a great Labor Day! Here in Cali, it was so hot on Saturday and sorta hot yesterday, that I just laid low and read magazines. And watched some mindless tv. And made necklaces. I can’t wait for the cooler weather, which is actually on its way, thank goodness!

No comments: