Sunday, June 7, 2009

Festival Booth Set Up

Ever wonder how those art fair booths get set up? Do they magically appear, like mushrooms in moist weather? Nope. Let me show you.



The canopy is up and the tables are naked.


Table cloths cover the tables.


The left table has two upended trash cans, a big wooden box and a cardboard box to either side. The right table has a wooden plank set on two terra cotta planters.





Silver velveteen covers the unsightly boxes and plank. Busts (on the left) and necklace holders (on the right) appear, plus some mirrors and trays.


Jewelry has arrived!



The trash can earring displays were very clearly trash cans~which actually led to some interesting conversations, particularly about Ikea. I don't think you can see the mirrors on the table, but I put my memory wire bracelets and a couple of necklaces on them. The mirror really gives such depth to the display and reflects the jewelry's sparkle.




These three necklace holders looked pretty cool until a freak wind blew them down. Another artist helped up us pick everything up and since it was close to the end of the day, I put them away for fear it would happen again...

My goal is get this set up looking as good as I possibly can. I know the tables need to be higher, but that means I'll need new table coverings ($$). I also want to create some great earring cards and a better way to display them ($$). So many things I want to do to ramp up my booth, so little $$. If anyone has ideas for me, let me know.

The show we did today was very pleasant, as always, but the foot traffic was definitely down. Lots of nice artists and a few lovely customers and I sold a few things, so I consider it a success.


www.bearchick.etsy.com
www.bearchickart.etsy.com
www.bearchick.artfire.com

No comments: