Sunday, November 23, 2008

Raw Materials or Bear Chick’s Excellent Adventure



Yesterday I set out to do some errands and visit a friend’s studio sale. I had coupons for one hobby store in my hot little hands and was delighted to find a 20% off Moving Sale at a bead shop I decided to check out. I buy most of my beads and findings wholesale but I LOVE looking in bead shops and I’ll pick up unique things I can’t get from my wholesalers. I can wander around a bead shop for hours, imagining what I’d create with this or that and if I use this for that, I’ll need these, too… It can be SOOOO dangerous! Here’s what I found:



This is just a small portion of what I bought. I also got a lot of toggles and other charms and things I couldn’t do without…


I just HAD to have these Christmas trees! And the beads will be part of a Charm N Bead Dragon necklace.



Had to have these hearts! And aren't those aqua beads cool? They look knotted.




I'd never seen these beach chairs or movie camera's before, so I had to have them. I loved the color of these rectangular beads and the netted round beads are awesome. I always end up wishing I'd bought more!

After visiting a farmers market to check out the craft area and walking around at South Coast Plaza with a stop for lunch at In and Out, I finally made it to my friend, Maria’s, studio sale. She does beautiful etchings and jewelry. But what I really envy is her studio and house with 2 bedroom studios. Her garage has a small addition that she had dry walled and windows installed last year. That’s her “dirty” studio, where she can paint and be messy. The two studios in her house are “clean”, for jewelry and non-painted art. *Sigh* Someday I will have dedicated work space!

Look for these raw materials in my work soon, especially those darling Christmas trees! I wish I’d bought more…

http://www.bearchick.etsy.com/
www.bearchickart.etsy.com

No comments: